Saturday, 23 February 2008

Boosting

Normally, and in the general order of things, I don't mind boosting. I'd rather not be doing it in most cases, but I understand that some people want the gear without the fuss of having to group with low level players who've not got a clue how to play.

I've even been known to ask for a boost or two myself.

However, I feel it's self-evident that when you join a guild for the first time you want to make a good impression. You don't make a good impression by asking for boosts right after you have been welcomed in. You make a worse impression when boosts are all you ask for all day. You can really add the cherry to this terrible first impression by asking for access to the guild bank, on your first day, after asking for ten boosts.

Seriously, is it that hard to comprehend? Asking me personally wont make it any different either. I'll not boost someone new to the guild because I don't want to waste my effort. Also players who're asking for boosts the whole time are not people I want to share a guild with anyway, so I'm not going to encourage it by boosting them.

No comments: