Friday, 22 February 2008

Ghosthoof

I think Ghosthoof is ready for Karazhan. I know Sleeter is ready, because he's been there and, indeed, done that.

Now I am simply waiting on my guild being ready to raid. This, I am slowing beginning to realise, may never happen.

They're a wonderful group of people, but some of the more vocal and influential are making noises about not wanting to raid. Never wanting to raid, even. Because of the horror stories they've heard from casual friends finding themselves in hard-core raid guilds.

I want to raid. I'd like to be in a hard-core raiding guild. I want to raid every night again. I want to run Karazhan again, and this time down Prince. I want to see Gruul, Magtheredon, and Serpent Shrine Cavern. I want to have, on the distant, hazy horizon, Mount Hyjal and Black Temple.

I think I need a new guild. This one may never make it to Karazhan. But there I get torn. We've recently had a paladin healer leave, putting us back a reasonable way on the road to being ready. We now need another healer. If I leave then that will be another step back. If everyone gets to my situation and leaves, then they will never get to Kara.

On the other hand, of course, do I stay because it's the nice thing to do? Should I crap all over my own enjoyment of the game for the sake of others?

I don't know. It's a hard decision to make.

No comments: