Sunday, 10 February 2008

Karazhan, PUG?

Normally I wouldn't answer a request to go on a Karazhan run. Especially when that request comes over the trade channel. However, on this occasion I wanted to go, since it had been so long since I had run Kara.

It seemed like it was going to be an okay run. I'd only seen the one PUG request for one member so I assumed (ass out of u and me?) it was going to be a guild run with one member short. Oh boy was I wrong. I checked three members at random and they were all from the same guild so I left it at that and started the hike to Karazhan.

I should remember to check fully before starting these things. About half way to Kara someone mentioned that they'd already downed a couple of bosses. Now, although this is sub-optimal from my point of view, I can deal with that. Then, as I was flying to Swamp of Sorrows, I decided to start checking which classes we had in the raid. Then I start to notice that I am not the only member of this group in a different guild. Four guilds in total.

So, there I am, on my way to PUG Kara and hating the idea. However, because I'm a bit of a push-over I decide to give it a go. I figure I can just leave if we wipe too hard on the trash.

So, we get to Kara and do what seems to be the obligatory 'waiting for someone to finish their battle ground' (why? If you want to instance, instance, if you want to PvP then PvP, don't try to do both at the same time, please).

Then the really fun part starts. The guild can't remember how far they got last time, so in we run. Attumen? Dead. Moroes? Partying in hell. Maiden? Finished. We run further and further in, past empty room after empty room and this sinking feeling starts in the pit of my stomach. Opera event? Done. Curator? Down. On and on we run, until finally there is no more instance left to run to. The entire place is finished, kaput.

Most of the members are from one guild and they're in uproar. They'd never cleared Curator, so how did the entire instance get cleared? Well, I imagine it's because on of your PUG members had already cleared it. Either that or Blizzard has decided that two saved people going into different raids is bad and it should simply nuke the instance.

On the bright side I got to see the very end of Kara, which my old guild had never got to, so that was nice.

No comments: