Wednesday, 13 February 2008

King of the Ogres

When I was questing in Blade's Edge Mountains I saw the announcement that someone had become King of the Ogres. Ever since then I wanted to do the quest chain and become King of the Ogres myself.

Yesterday I achieved my goal. I became the ogre's new king. And it was great!

Now, it's not the most amazingly difficult achievement. In fact, it's necessary if you want to work on your reputation with Ogri'la and the Skyguard, although, less so for the Skyguard. However, I was so pleased that I was beaming.

Really, it's a nothing achievement, it simply is the first step on a road to another target. But for me it was always a goal in itself. I wanted it so much, almost as much as I wanted Earthwarden.

The actuality of it was not disappointing either. It was great. I ran around the large party, laughing as they knelt and chatted and danced. I drank some of the ogre beer, then some of the ogre coffee because I don't like the WoW drunk effect.

For something so simple, it was one of the most fun things I've done recently on WoW. It's such a shame it had to end, really.

No comments: